Want to know a secret recipe that’ll make your taste buds dance with delight and your kitchen feel like a carnival?
Picture this: crispy, golden, and utterly irresistible elephant ears made from a surprising ingredient – tortillas! You read that right – we’re about to show you how to transform plain old tortillas into a mouthwatering treat that’ll have everyone trumpeting for more.
So, gather ’round, because it’s time to learn the magical art of making Elephant Ears with Tortillas!
Easy Homemade Elephant Ears with Tortillas
Looking for a delicious and easy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than homemade elephant ears made with tortillas. This simple recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare and requires minimal ingredients. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply craving a tasty treat, these homemade elephant ears are sure to impress.
- 4 large tortillas
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
3. Brush each tortilla with the melted butter, making sure to cover the entire surface.
4. Sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon mixture evenly over the buttered side of each tortilla.
5. Carefully roll up each tortilla into a tight spiral, starting from one end and working your way to the other.
6. Once rolled, use a sharp knife to slice each tortilla into 1-inch thick rounds.
7. Place the sliced tortillas onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the elephant ears to cool slightly before serving.
These homemade elephant ears are best enjoyed warm and fresh out of the oven. You can serve them as is, or pair them with your favorite dipping sauce such as chocolate or caramel. They also make a great addition to ice cream sundaes or can be crumbled over a bowl of fresh fruit for added crunch.
While the traditional elephant ears are made with a yeast-based dough, these tortilla-based elephant ears offer a quick and easy alternative. However, if you prefer the taste and texture of the classic recipe, you can certainly use that instead. Simply roll out the dough, sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon, and follow the same slicing and baking instructions.
Here is another recipe that you can try-
Can I use corn tortillas to make elephant ears?
Yes, you can use corn tortillas to make elephant ears. The process is the same as with flour tortillas. Heat the corn tortilla, spread your desired filling, roll it up, slice it into rounds, and cook until crispy. Corn tortillas will provide a slightly different texture and flavor compared to flour tortillas.
What are some suggested fillings for tortilla elephant ears?
There are various delicious fillings you can use for tortilla elephant ears. Some popular options include cinnamon sugar, Nutella, peanut butter, cream cheese, or a fruit compote. You can also experiment with savory fillings like cheese or jalapenos for a different twist. Feel free to get creative and try different combinations!
Making elephant ears with tortillas is a fun and delicious treat that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
By following a simple recipe, you can transform ordinary tortillas into crispy, sweet delights that resemble the shape of elephant ears.
Whether you choose to sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar or drizzle them with caramel sauce, these homemade elephant ears are sure to satisfy your cravings for a delightful dessert.
So gather your ingredients, heat up your pan, and get ready to enjoy a delightful snack that will make you feel like you’re at the county fair.